This wonky aluminum nugget pendant is a combination of my wire wrapping skills, jewelry making, and my husband's habit of melting aluminum in our backyard fire pit. I wrapped this pendant months ago but it took me awhile to find the right finished look for the necklace from which it hangs. I believe I've found the perfect solution! A triple braid of black and green complements the texture of the pendant, and adding quartz and Swarovski glass pearls to the toggle closure brought all the balance it needs to be a fine wearable art piece. It may look heavy but the aluminum makes the finished necklace just 1.5 ounces total weight.
- One of a kind
- Weighs just 1.5 ounces
- Pendant is 2 1/2" x 1 7/8"
- Length is 30"
- High quality materials
- Skilled craftsmanship
- 14-day money back guarantee
#holidaygifts #birthdaygifts#personalgifts #necklaces #fineartjewelry #artisticnecklace #fineartnecklaces #handmadenecklaces #toggleclasp #originaldesign #handmade #aluminum #aluminumpendant #quartzaccents #pendant #bohonecklaces #oddnecklaces #uniquenecklace #manateenecklace
Handmade Necklace of aluminum nugget on braided cord
- Much of my wire wrapping includes stones (i.e., rocks) that are raw and unpolished. Please notice that you may find imperfections in the stones but that is meant to enhance the piece. I strive to provide enough photos of each piece so you can see exactly what to expect from your purchase.
- I also use leather to hang some of my pieces. That material is also meant to present an organic look and it may have markings or striated colorations. I pride myself on the total look of the finished piece and hope you will enjoy the results.
- Much of the wire I use is tarnish resistant but eventually, and it will take years, or depending on where you live, it can tarnish sooner. The wired piece can be cleaned to remove tarnish but, if I were you, I would research the impact of cleaners on the stone involved. It is best to let these pieces age into their continued perfection.