This is my original design based on a variation of the cellini spiral originated by seed bead masters Virginia Blakelock and Carol Perenoud who developed the tubular variation.They named it after Benvenuto Cellini, a 16th-century Italian sculptor known for his Rococo architectural columns. This piece features glass beads and natural turquoise in an “opera length” artistic necklace creation. The necklace base is pure copper wire which ties the various pieces together. A hand-beaded pendant boasts copper colored glass beads surrounded by natural turquoise and is enhanced with small glass beads of turquoise, mauve, blue and light green. The pendant hangs from a copper wire base connecting it to peyote tubes of colored glass, strings of natural turquoise, and linked with wire wrapped glass beads.
- One of a kind
- Clasp is handmade & hammered
- Weighs 1.7 oz.
- Pendant is 1 1/2" x 1 7/8"
- Length is 29 inches (28 - 32 is considered “opera length”)
- High quality materials
- Skilled craftsmanship
- 14-day money back guarantee
#holidaygifts #necklaces #fineartjewelry #artisticnecklace #fineartnecklaces #handmadenecklaces #handbeadednecklaces #operalengthnecklaces #operalength #cellini #cellinispiral #originaldesign #southwestnecklace #copper #czechglass #handmadeclasp #firepolishedglass #naturalturquoise #purecopper #leadfreecopper #handmade #peyotenecklaces #radicalmedallion #tribalnecklaces #handmadefasteners #bohonecklaces
Handmade Necklace of turquoise & glass with modified Cellini spiral pendant
- Much of my wire wrapping includes stones (i.e., rocks) that are raw and unpolished. Please notice that you may find imperfections in the stones but that is meant to enhance the piece. I strive to provide enough photos of each piece so you can see exactly what to expect from your purchase.
- I also use leather to hang some of my pieces. That material is also meant to present an organic look and it may have markings or striated colorations. I pride myself on the total look of the finished piece and hope you will enjoy the results.
- Much of the wire I use is tarnish resistant but eventually, and it will take years, or depending on where you live, it can tarnish sooner. The wired piece can be cleaned to remove tarnish but, if I were you, I would research the impact of cleaners on the stone involved. It is best to let these pieces age into their continued perfection.